Travel Grants GRADE Center Gender 2022
The GRADE Center Gender awards travel grants for scientific conferences, workshops, retreats or fieldwork trips to members of the Center. Eligible costs include the cost of accomodation, use of (public) transport (bus, train, plane) and conference fees.
Applications for funding can be submitted at any time and must be received by the Cornelia Goethe Center at least 8 weeks prior to the date of utilization. The trip must be taken by 31.10.2022. Applications can be submitted immediately. The maximum amount of funding is 400 euros per person.
All documents must be sent either by e-mail to Marianne Schmidbaur (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by regular mail to the Cornelia Goethe Center (Theodor-W.-Adorno-Platz 6, Postfach PEG 4, 60629 Frankfurt am Main).
- The candidate must be a regular member of the GRADE Center Gender. Associate members are not eligible for funding.
- The respective candidate must not have received a grant from the GRADE Center Gender in the previous funding period.
- There may be no application for funds from another GRADE Center for the attendance at the event. The attendance at a workshop, a conference or a retreat may only be financed by one GRADE Center at a time.
- The member must provide proof of active participation (poster/lecture/moderation etc.) by acceptance of their submission by the conference organization. In the case of retreats, a short report on the event must be written.
- The content of the conference fee must be directly related to the respective qualification project (MA thesis, dissertation or habilitation).
- The required documents (see below) must have been submitted to the address above at least 8 weeks prior to the claim.
- In the case of a grant approval, all necessary documents (see below) must be submitted by regular mail within four weeks of the end of the respective conference (see address above).
- Fill in the linked application form (GCG-RF-01-EN) and submit the (signed) document plus the required attachments (see below) to the address above.
- The attachments contain (a) an expenditure and financing plan which, including the amount requested, indicates that financing is secured, (b) the (submitted) abstract of the planned conference contribution, (c) the program of the event (can be submitted later, at the latest by the beginning of the conference) and (d) proof of acceptance by the conference organization (can also be submitted later, at the latest by the beginning of the conference). If you apply for a grant for a fieldwork trip, please enclose (1) a schedule of your trip and (2) a description of your fieldwork activities. We also need (3) a short confirmation by your advisor (two lines via mail are enough) of the expediency of your trip for your project. Please send these documents as individual pdf files to the address above.
- After a formal and substantive examination, the center management decides on the approval of the applications.
- The Center will inform you as soon as possible, at the latest 4 weeks after having received the complete documents, whether your application could be approved.
- After the conference/meeting, please submit all receipts and the signed declaration form (GCG-RF-02-EN) stating the costs incurred, by regular mail to the GRADE Center Gender at the above address within a maximum period of four weeks.
- You will receive the requested reimbursement, approved by the center management, transferred to the account you specified. It is important that you can prove that the costs have actually been incurred. If the costs are less than the amount originally claimed, you must make this clear in your claim.